Monday, June 22, 2009

Peacock Family Theatre

Last night, we had our first Peacock Family Theatre. We enjoyed hot dogs and desserts downstairs before the presentation. I forgot to take any pictures of the meal but it was good and lots of fun. We had a very good turn-out, though we were hoping we could interest some of the folks who haven't been a part of our church to come fellowship with us. We will continue to pray they will have a desire to join us. We watched the movie Evan Almighty which teaches good values on our priorities. God tells Evan Baxter to build an ark and he obeys this seemingly ridiculous instruction. One of the statements God makes is, "What I do, I do because I love you." I don't know if the writer and producer realize there is truth in the message of the movie. It isn't a perfect sermon but it was good for our first Theatre Night. If you haven't seen it, you might want to rent it for your own theatre night.

It is such an honor and blessing for Brian and me to be at Peacock where the folks are so genuine, generous toward God's work, and love God's Word. How we hope and pray that God will bring people to worship with us. We want to be used to love His creation and bring His Word to the hearts of people who won't want to leave this earth without it.

Here are a couple of pictures I took as people began to come upstairs for the movie.

No comments: